Tips on What to Bring & Wear to Class
A few helpful tips to get you started...
- Plan to arrive 15 minutes early; this gives you time to prepare for class, and you also get to see the finish of the class running before you.
- If this is your first visit, here is the location and directions to our training dojo
- Wear flexible pants, like 3/4 pants, track pants, or thai pants. Anything you can move comfortably in.
- In wintertime, wear an extra layer or two over your shirt. A hoodie or thin sweater is a good idea, something you can take off easily once you've warmed up.
- Remember to take off any special jewelry or watches before class; taiko is very active and it's possible to damage these.
Food & Drink
- Bring a drink, either water or a sports drink. In winter, a thermos of tea is nice to have on hand.
- If you have an early morning class, bring a banana or small snack as well to keep you fueled.
- When you get your bachi (drumsticks) make sure to mark them or color them in a way that is unique. This will help you tell them apart from everyone else's bachi, which otherwise will all look the same.
Most importantly, relax and enjoy! :-)